Biting and atmospheric pressure
Biting and atmospheric pressure
Most of the representatives of a strong half of mankind are addicted to fishing. This allows you to escape from everyday problems and be alone with nature. Moreover, fishing is a successful Union of the useful with the pleasant. But good, you can get to crazy bite, which can ensure a good catch. Who-who, and the family will appreciate it.
But such luck is not always accompanied by the angler. To catch something, we have to work hard. After the success of the fishing depends not only on the intensity of the biting, but also on the mood of the angler, the selection of tackle, his ability to define correctly the bait, etc. Plus, weather conditions, and especially atmospheric pressure to adjust their biting fish. Therefore, going fishing, is to determine the various external factors that can decide the outcome of the fishing.
- 1 atmospheric pressure and its impact on the bite
- 1.1 Why does the pressure affect fish?
- 1.2 What is the atmospheric pressure activates the bite?
- 1.3 Effect of pressure on air bubbles of fish
- 2 the Optimal pressure for fishing
- 2.1 What kind of fish is caught at high pressure?
- 2.2 Which fish caught under reduced atmospheric pressure?
- 2.3 Pike and atmospheric pressure
- 2.4 the Behaviour of pike at high pressure
- 2.5 List of other reasons due to which the fish are not biting
Atmospheric pressure and its impact on the bite
Environmental factors, and especially the atmospheric pressure significantly affects the behavior of fish. Besides, important value has this fact as the temperature, time of year, water temperature, moon phase, direction and intensity of wind, water level and transparency. 3He depends on the abundance of external factors, we should consider the atmospheric pressure as one of the most important indicators.
Atmospheric pressure has a serious impact on human activity and on the behavior of animals and fish, especially. Atmospheric pressure depends on weather conditions and the well-being of all living beings depends on the performance level atmospheric pressure.
Why pressure affects the fish?
The atmospheric pressure is only partially a direct impact on the behavior of fish. But the indirect impact effects of changes in atmospheric pressure. As a result of changes in pressure changes the density of water and the oxygen level in it. But this is a serious impact on the behavior of the fish.
The water in the pond has its own hydrostatic pressure, which is opposed to the atmospheric, but between them there is a definite connection. If between them there was a big difference, the fish loses orientation, it decreases appetite and there is weakness. In such circumstances, the fish may refuse any bait.
What is the atmospheric pressure activates the bite?
The best bite can be observed in conditions when the atmospheric pressure is stable for several days, or even weeks.
High atmospheric pressure also has a positive effect on the bite, but on the condition of its stability.
The worst conditions for fishing are considered to be pressure drops and low pressure. Although not all species respond equally to such changes. High blood pressure has a positive effect on “stuff”, which moves in the upper layers of water in search of food. Under reduced pressure aktiviziruyutsya predators. Small fish become lethargic, so predators spend less effort and energy in search of food. At reduced pressure do not rely on the small fish biting, but you can catch a big fish.
Effect of pressure on air bubbles of fish
Inside each fish you find an air bubble inside of which there is oxygen, nitrogen and part of the carbon dioxide. The bubble is provided by a mixture of gases in the result of a small gland which is called the red body. But as the blood in the fish bit, the process gas revenues in the bladder is not very active.
The bladder provides the fish with neutral buoyancy at any depth, so it can easily navigate to any horizons. As a result of changes in pressure, the fish have to engage in further adjustment of the gas concentration in the air bubble, which takes a lot of energy fish. In such conditions, the fish just lies at the bottom, without doing any adjustment and waiting for the stabilization of atmospheric pressure.
Air bubble fish directly connected with a lateral line that helps her navigate in the water column. If the pressure is not stable, the same is not stable and movement of fish: she’s just lost in space and her food, since she’s busy with her own problems.
The optimum pressure for fishing
The most normal pressure of 760 mm Hg.St, if the terrain is at sea level. If the terrain is above sea-level, then every 10.5 metres indicators of mercury should be decreased by 1 mm. In this regard, you should not take the readings literally have not defined the terms. Each area has its own indicators of atmospheric pressure.
Atmospheric pressure is directly linked to weather conditions: the arrival of the anticyclone is accompanied by a pressure increase, and the arrival of the cyclone it down. If you have a home barometer, you can evaluate which fish should be targeted.
What fish are caught at high pressure?
With the arrival of warm weather, and rising barometric pressure. The temperature increases the water is the rise of oxygen with depth closer to the surface. If the temperature will rise further, oxygen will begin to evaporate, leading to lethargy of the fish and reducing its activity. In the beginning of this process, the smaller fish move closer to the surface. Large individuals prefer to stay at depth. Therefore, in hot periods you can expect to catch is not large instances if to catch fish on a regular rod with a float. If you want to catch larger fish, you have to arm the ground tackle (feeder).
Which fish caught under reduced atmospheric pressure?
It is believed that under reduced pressure on fishing it is better not to go. Experienced anglers know that before the deteriorating weather, the fish begins to intensify. If you catch this moment, we can expect a significant catch. During this period, almost all the fish is very active, as he wants to stock up nutrients for future use. But this period of slow decrease of pressure, and if pressure surges, almost all the fish tries to go in depth and there waiting better weather. During this period, becoming active predators, anticipating easy prey. Therefore, it is possible to arm the spinning and try to catch a pike or perch.
Pike and atmospheric pressure
Pike needs to eat per day to ten fish, each weighing 250 grams, to provide themselves with the necessary energy. Therefore, she almost always has a good appetite and she is constantly in search of food. Changes in atmospheric pressure, one way or another affects the behavior of pike. Pecks pike, almost every day, you need only be interested in that bait.
If the street is well-established low pressure, the pike feels great, unlike some peaceful species of fish that only benefit the pike. Therefore, in order to catch pike, it is better to choose the most inclement weather. Of course it’s not comfortable, but effective.
The behaviour of pike at high pressure
When installing the hot weather, which leads to an increase in pressure, pike loses its activity and hiding in secluded places, where it just waits for the potential victim.
In this period, pike can feed on algae and dead fish, so as not to waste energy chasing the game. To catch her in this period, you work hard, using its most sophisticated fishing bait. The height of summer is the most unfavorable period for the “hunt” for pike. During this period, the concentration of oxygen in the water, especially in the upper layers, is greatly reduced, and pike feels comfortable. She descends to a depth where the amount of oxygen a few more.
A list of other reasons due to which the fish are not biting
In addition to barometric pressure on fish behavior is influenced by other factors. For example:
- The temperature of the environment. With fluctuations in the temperature and the water temperature. As a rule, in warm water with all the fish behaves aggressively. The only exceptions are periods when there is an abnormal rise in temperature of water. Then the fish becomes lethargic and is not characterized by increased activity, as the fish are looking for places with an optimum temperature.
- The presence of clouds also affects the behavior of fish. When the street is warm, but cloudy weather, most species of fish is kept closer to the surface. In the presence of Sunny weather, the fish tries to get away from direct sunlight. At such times the fish need to look at the shadows looming above the trees or in the reedbeds. But after the lingering cold, at the first rays of the sun, the fish out of their shelters to enjoy the sun.
- The water level and its transparency. Fish are very sensitive to changes in water level in the pond. When this happens, the fish starts to feel uncomfortable, especially in the context of reducing the water level. The fish are slowly starting to move to deeper waters. Therefore, rely on fish activity in terms of lowering the water level is not worth it. If the water level rises, the fish starts to feel secure and lead an active lifestyle. The same can be said if the water level is stable. In very clear water when the fish can be bait, catching fish requires special professionalism. If the water is very turbid, which prevents the fish even see the bait, fishing may not take place. Therefore, the ideal conditions for fishing is when the water has acceptable transparency, but not the maximum.
- During the day, the fish behaves differently. With the arrival of summer season, you should prefer fishing early morning or late evening. In the daytime, too, can count on the bite, but very rare.
In this regard, it can be concluded that atmospheric pressure and other factors affect the activity of fish. Before leaving for the fishing to get better acquainted with the atmospheric pressure and take into account other factors such as air temperature and wind direction, etc. while fishing is always productive.
But if you have a burning desire to just be alone with nature, then you can go fishing in any weather. And the main thing here is not the number of fish caught and the amount of time spent in nature.