Catchability mormyshkas for winter fishing
Catchability mormyshkas for winter fishing
The majority of fans of winter fishing I prefer to use a jig, as the most simple in design and effective at catching many species of fish. Conditions winter fishing dramatically different from summer fishing, including the use of baits. In the summer spectrum of lures and baits much more, but in winter most of the fishermen go to catch fish with jigs. Today there are a lot of different catchability of jigs for winter fishing. It is about them and will be discussed in this article.
- 1 What is a jig
- 2 Types of jigs
- Top 3 baits for winter fishing
- 3.1 Tungsten jigs
- 3.2 Jigs with bait
- 3.3 Bizmathica or baitless jig
- 4 of the Best manufacturers of jigs
- 5 TOP 5 most ulovistyh mormyshek
- 5.1 Jig “Ant 3.0/2 86601 – 0.2”
- 5.2 Jig “Lucky John 20-S”
- 5.3 the Lure of the “Lucky John LJ13050-139”
- 5.4 Jig “Lumicon Female ant d.3.0”
- 5.5 Jig “Sava Uralka”
- 6 Jig with their hands
What is a jig
The lure is an artificial bait for winter fishing, which is used by a large number of fans of fishing from the ice. Due to its shape, as well as the specific game, it actively attracts the fish, and this is due to its widespread use. Jig can be described as:
Types of jigs
Klassificeret similar baits on the different factors, the main of which is the weight. Therefore, the jigs are divided:
Manufacture of jigs and other lures are constantly being improved. Increasingly, for their production we use modern materials, which are able to increase the weight of the jig without increasing its size. Such jigs include lure made of tungsten.
The best baits for winter fishing
Mormyshkas from tungsten are the most popular on the market of such products. This is due to the fact that the jig of this material have a decent weight with a small footprint. They are indispensable under certain fishing conditions associated with decent depth and a rapid current. Such lures provide:
Jigs with bait
Jigs with bait are to the classic version of winter fishing. The meaning of their application is that the jig sits the bait, for example, in the form of bloodworms. They work well when the fish are not particularly active. They are not expensive and can be purchased at any retail outlet that sells fishing tackle and accessories. In addition, they are easy to do yourself and is as easy to apply.
Such lures are divided into two types:
- Pellet. One of the most common baits for winter fishing. Has a round shape and different color choices. Use it to catch perch and roach.
- Drop. In appearance it is similar to BB but has a more elongated shape. It is effective when an active transaction, when the game has its own specifics. This game is especially attractive bait for perch, according to many fans of ice bite.
Bizmathica or baitless jig
This type of jig does not involve the use of bait, therefore, have to demonstrate their own skills on the organization of an enticing game. These jigs catch well when the fish are most active, and lures does not goes through. Such artificial lures as well has its own classification. For example:
- Uralka. Often used by anglers to hunt the striped robber. This is a classic jig, and it is necessary in the Arsenal of any fan of ice fishing. In appearance, it was a drop, but curved. In the narrow parts of it are soldered to the hook. In specialized shops can offer oralce that are different sizes and colors. In addition, on the shank can be beads in different color.
- Devil. More used while fishing for walleye, although it is equally effective when fishing for other fish. Meet the the lure with three hooks, and four. It should be noted that fishing for walleye is quite different uses artificial bait called a balancer.
- Goat. Many anglers describe it as a separate type of jigs, though it is a subspecies of the devil. As a rule, the devil may be at least 3 hooks and a goat there can be only two. To the goat was the catchability bait, you need to spend it in the water. Typically, such a jig made of brass or copper, but tungsten this bait practically impossible to find. “Goat” is a universal ice-bait, able to attract any fish.
- Boat. This design is designed for fishing at depths of up to 2.5 meters of peaceful fish species. This jig requires an active transaction to attract peaceful fish. Bait can be of any color, there are additional elements that attract fish.
- Ant. In form, this bait resembles a well-known ant. This jig is used to catch bream or roach in the periods of their maximum activity. The movement of the spinning, ant carries out finely the amplitude of the movement. In such circumstances, the lure follows the movement of an ant trapped in water. Almost all of them have the same dimensions and weight (0.3 g). Weight can be increased if the bait be equipped with beads.
- Donkey. In appearance, this lure is similar to the fourth of coffee beans. It works well in any conditions, both in running and in his absence. Typically, such lures have black color and feature a single hook, thus, may vary weight.
The best manufacturers of jigs
Just so identify, the jig which firm is most efficient, if not try yourself and put them into practice. But for this, they need to buy, spending a lot of money. This is especially true if the bait is expensive. But some experienced anglers point bait following known manufacturers:
TOP 5 most ulovistyh mormyshek
It makes sense to focus on more efficient models of jigs for ice fishing. Again, based on feedback from experienced anglers. Such models five. Here they are:
Mormyshka “Ant 3.0/2 86601 – 0.2”
Domestic manufacturer, it is made of lead and is an excellent representative of jigs of this class. This lure weighs 0.28 grams and is equipped with hook number 16 of the thin wire of the Japanese manufacturer. Has a silicone tube and yellow beads. Costs about 35 rubles.
Mormyshka “Lucky John 20-S”
Devil’s triangular shape, which has a loop. The jig is produced in Latvia, with hooks Nos. 18 and has a weight of 0.25 grams. Is this tungsten jig about 140 rubles.
Mormyshka “Lucky John LJ13050-139”
Weighs about 1.3 grams and has a diameter of about 5 mm. Main material is tungsten, which is coated with another polymer composition. This factor has a positive effect on its performance. It is strong and durable bait. Approximate costs 150 RUB.
Mormyshka “Lumicon Female ant d.3.0”
Simulates the behavior of the corresponding insect that was in the water and which is included in the diet of many predators. It is a large bait that matches the size of the female ant. Sold in sets of 10 pieces, which cost 250 rubles.
Mormyshka “Sava Uralka”
Also made from tungsten and is a classic example of the jigs of this type. The jig has a hole with a diameter of 1.5 mm. Sold mainly in packs of 10 PCs, price for 340 rubles.
Jig with their hands
As a rule, each fisherman immediately raises the thought of how the jig to do it myself. By the way, most of the experienced anglers do that, especially because of special difficulties does not exist, there would be a desire and a minimal set of tools and accessories. As practice shows, self-made bait in no way inferior to ulovistost industrial samples. Some fishermen do them so well that they exceed ulovistost industrial model.
- The first step is to decide on the material for the manufacture of the sample jig. It should be a material which easily handled cutting tools. In extreme cases, the workpiece will go from a dense wood such as oak or ash.
- In this fragment, for example, wood is a spherical recess, which in size should be a little less of a future jig. To do this operation by using a notched chisel.
- In the process, care should be taken that the recess corresponds to the shape of the future bait. You can use a set of shaped chisels, for example, to wood carving.
- As soon as recess is finished, it should be carefully treated (with sandpaper), after which the entire surface is treated with dichloroethane.
- Then you need to take a strip of copper or brass and attach to the form. The thickness of the strips can correspond to 0.25 mm or thinner. After that, it takes a suitable tool and the metal strip is the same recess. This must be done carefully to avoid damaging the strip. For this, all movements should be gently and effortlessly.
- In the process of extruding a metal strip, should have the same recess, as in a wooden workpiece.
- After the metal plate is completely formed the cavity must be removed (cut off), and the form itself to process and zaludit solder.
- In the center piece need to make a hole with a diameter of 0.2 mm, so that through him it was possible to stretch the wire. To this wire and then attach the hook.
- As soon as I set the hook, the recess is filled with solder with the heated soldering iron.
- After the solder completely solidifies, the wire is removed. In conclusion, the jig lends itself to further processing: grinding and polishing. Alternatively, the jig can be painted in any color or lacquering.
In conclusion, we can say that the jig is a fairly effective tool in terms of winter fishing. And do not have the jig to buy and spend additional money. If you want to, you can make dozens of different shapes and different sizes. In addition, it can be painted in any color. Moreover, it is possible to come up with a jig of any shape, which may be olevista any of those listed in this article.