Feeder equipment – a beginners guide
Feeder equipment – a beginners guide
Feeder rod is a modern tackle equipped with a reel and line. Feeder rod can be distinguished from other types of rods the presence of a large number of rings. In addition, the part of the bottom gear includes feeding, playing the role of the sinkers simultaneously, and also leashes with hooks. Feeder rod is equipped with a few tips, which act as a signalling device poklevki.
In this case, the rods are produced in several types of feeder rods:
- “Fast” is quite a stiff rod which can bend only the tip of the rod followed by a knee.
- “Slow” rod soft type, where almost all bent the knee, along with a tip.
- “Progressive” – a combination of the rod, which, upon light-load working only part of the rod, and when the increase comes into operation the rest.
You can find several classes of feeder rods.
- “Picker”. The length of such a rod can be from 2 to 3 meters, with a test load from 10 to 40g.
- “Light” is available in length from 3 to 3.6 m Allows you to carry the load up to 60g.
- “Medium” can have a length up to 3.6 m with a weight throw of freight from 80 to 100g.
- “Heavy”. The length of the rods ranges from 3.6 m to 3.9 m, with the test from 100 to 120g.
- “Extra Heavy” with Blanca in length from 4.2 to 5 meters. With this rod you can throw loads from 120 to 300g.
As a rule, the longer the feeder, the farther you can throw the load. The weight of the load is calculated from the condition the weight of the feeder with a weight full of bait.
- 1 How to equip the feeder coil and other accessories
- 1.1 Coil
- 1.2 How to choose fishing line
- 2 Snap – based feeder tackle
- 2.1 For clarity – video
- 3 Feeder equipment for bream fishing on the course
- 4-how to feeder fishing for carp in stagnant water
- 5 Fishing for carp on the feeder: snap-in
- 6 is Not superfluous can be some tips
- 7 Best feeder montages — Video
How to equip the feeder coil and other accessories
For feeder produced a special coil, but if it does not, you can take spinning, if the requirements for gear is not very high. Coil feeder should have the following characteristics:
On the basis of the gear ratio, coils can be divided into speed and power. For feeder gear will fit somewhere in the middle. Reels that have gear ratios to 4.6’s called power, and the coils with a ratio of more than 5.5 – high speed. For feeder is perfect coil with a ratio between values of 4.6 and 5.5. Size of the spool – like 3,000, which can be called universal. When buying a reel you should pay attention to the presence of a spare spool. Spare spool can be useful if you are fishing for serious fish.
It is very important that the coil had a friction brake, either front or rear. A big role that plays, but the rear clutch is less sensitive and for feeder fishing perfect.
When choosing a reel, you need to pay attention to the number of bearings. For the feeder it is not very crucial, rather than spinning, which is thrown more often, especially since for spinning it is very important how evenly is posted. For feeder this figure plays no role, but the coil with five or 6 bearings do not interfere. Still, such a coil is more reliable than a coil with one or two bearings.
Alternatively, we can recommend these models:
- Shimano BAITRUNNER 4000D, worth up to 5000r.
- Okuma LONGBOW 50 BAITREEDER at a price to 2000P.
How to choose fishing line
Use braided and monofilament line, but it is worth considering their advantages and disadvantages:
- Braided fishing line (braid) has advantages associated with its sensitivity, especially when fishing at large distances, when she very often conveys bite on the rod tip. While it has some disadvantages related to the fact that it can be easily cut shell, if fishing is performed in places with shells. It should be noted that the quality of the fishing line are protected from abrasion. So we have to apply Salmo Elite Braid with a diameter of 0.13 mm.
- Monofilament fishing line (a monoscaffold) less sensitive at greater distances, because it has a large ratio of the specific stretching. While it is less susceptible to abrasion, and it has less chance of breakages as a result of shells. That the line is stretched, it is very important when fishing for large specimens. Firm Salmo produces good products and for feeder tackle.
Based on these considerations, you should choose a fishing line for fishing. When fishing for carp fishing line is better to choose dark color, as it is not visible on the bottom. As a leash it is better to use fluorocarbon, because it does not see water fish.
Snap – based feeder tackle
The most simple equipment, which is suitable for the feeder is paternoster, which consists of two loops. To which is attached the feeder and leash with hook.
Such a snap-in fit in the following way:
- At the end of the main fishing line formed a loop for a leash.
- At a distance of one palm width fit the second loop. Its value should be such that through it passed the trough.
- Using the method of “loop the loop” this loop is attached to the trough with a swivel neck.
- Snap paternoster ready to use.
For clarity – video
Feeder equipment for bream fishing on the course
- To catch bream you should buy the rod class “Medium” or “Heavy” with the test up to 90-120g.
- It uses braided fishing line with a breaking strength 10ев, or monofilament fishing line 0.25 mm diameter.
- As the leash is used fluorocarbon with a thickness of 0,22-0,25 mm Fluorocarbon somewhat weaker manolescu, so you can take the leash of the same diameter.
- The hook is selected depending on the size of fish that can bite. As a rule, the hooks No. 6, etc.
- The feeder applies open type, weighing 70-120 g. The more current and depth at the site of the bite, the heavier the feeder is used.
- As snap can be applied paternoster, a non-symmetrical loop, and a helicopter and two nodes. The last snap-in allows you to catch the fish from the bottom and in the water column.
- For bait you can use barley, wheat, peas, bloodworms, corn, maggots and worm.
- As bait you can use any ready mix or cereal homemade.
Equipment for feeder fishing for carp in stagnant water
- In this case, you must take the rod of the class “Light” or “Medium” with the test from 60 to 100g.
- When fishing for carp is better to use monofilament fishing line, thickness 0.3-0.35 mm.
- As the leash will go fishing line diameter of 0.28 mm.
- The choice of hook is definitely durable and sharp for carp fishing. Better to use the Japanese hooks, etc.
- Feeder of the type “Method” with a special shape. The bait is hiding inside the poop, and after hitting the water and sinking to the bottom when the bait is falling apart in the water, the lure turns out to be the center of attention of carp.
- As bait applies any mixture, including ingredients such as: barley, corn, peas, dough, Hominy, bloodworm, worms, maggots, with various additives.
Fishing for carp on the feeder: snap-in
- To catch carp you should choose the rod class “Light” and “Medium” with the test from 40 to 80g.
- Better to use braided fishing line with a diameter of 0.1-0.13 mm.
- As a monoscaffold leash is applied with a thickness of 0,14-0,16 mm.
- Suitable hooks №10-№14.
- For snap can be linked “protivogerpetical” or “paternoster” if fishing is carried out on a silty bottom. Thus, the most sensitive is the symmetric loop.
Lure carp both homemade and purchased mixtures or combinations thereof.
Alternatively, you can offer one of the recipes:
- You need to take black and white bread and mix with the breadcrumbs, do not add water.
- The dry mix is added bran.
- To link together all the ingredients added to the oatmeal. The greater the depth at fishing, the more oatmeal you need. After that, the composition is added to the flavoring in the form of sunflower seeds or sunflower meal.
- On-site fishing in the dry mixture water is added, until the desired consistency.
When bait carp need to be very careful to not overfeed, otherwise productive fishing will not work.
Not extra can be some tips
Fishing on the feeder is the most interesting method of catching fish such as bream, crucian carp, roach, etc. unlike other methods, this method is quite dynamic, in which the fisherman forgets almost everything, since it is necessary to constantly check the feeder for stock feed. But if the feeder gear a few, then there will have to sweat, but this trip will long be remembered, and the positive emotions will be going to mass. After the fishing we can expect the appearance of a certain fatigue, but it certainly is a pleasant fatigue, against the background of pleasant memories, especially if fishing proved to be effective.
The best feeder montages — Video