Fish white-spotted charr
Fish white-spotted charr
Fish and brown trout belong to the Salmonidae family of fish species. Despite the fact that she’s not as well known and popular compared to the other more colourful members of this family, it is no less tasty and useful.
- 1 Fish white-spotted charr: description
- 1.1 appearance
- 1.2 Size and weight
- 1.3 Distinctive features
- 1.4 inhabited by white-spotted charr
- 1.5 What feeds the fish
- 1.6 the Process of reproduction
- 2 Fishing for brown trout
- 3 Useful properties of congee
- 3.1 Composition of meat
- 3.2 the Presence of vitamins
- 3.3 calorific value
- 4 Contraindications to the use
- 5 Delicious recipes from congee
- 5.1 white-spotted charr, baked whole in the oven
- 5.2 white-spotted charr saline
- 5.3 Potato pancakes with conga
- 5.4 pan-Fried brown trout
Fish white-spotted charr: description
The representative of the salmon family is included in the subspecies “char”, which is as it were missing scales. Because of this, it got the name “loach” because it is almost “naked”. White-spotted charr also differs in that she has almost no scales.
Fish white-spotted charr is characterized by a certain similarity with the salmon family, although has some differences, making it easily distinguished from its known congeners. Fish has very attractive features.
The body of the fish has bright amber hue, with the presence of the fins a bright orange color. On the sides and on her back you can see large white spots. In this regard, fish is also called the speckled-white with representative salmon. Characterized by an elongated body covered with small, scarcely visible scales. The mouth of the fish is large and skewed, with a large number of small strong teeth.
Size and weight
The brown trout are able to grow in length up to 1 meter and weighs more than 10 pounds. But such large specimens are not so often. Basically, caught specimens weighing no more than 2-3 pounds.
As mentioned above, the brown trout is difficult to confuse with other canines, due to the presence on the body white spots. The body may have amber tint and color, closer to brown shade. Coloration depends on habitat this fish. The abdomen of this fish has a silvery hue.
Inhabited by white-spotted charr
The brown trout can be found in the Okhotsk, Bering and Japanese seas, and in the North-West Pacific ocean, the Amur river and in rivers of Kamchatka. In addition to these places, it can also be found in the rivers of Japan. The freshwater species of Salvelinus leucomaenis usual in the Russian region of Magadan. The brown trout prefers to stay closer to shore.
What eats this fish
White-spotted charr refers to predatory species of fish, so her diet is dominated by small fish, like smelt, sand eels, minnows and gobies. In addition to them, the fish can eat large larvae of various insects, and freshwater shrimp.
The process of reproduction
The brown trout spawns at the end of the summer with the onset of autumn, going to do this in the river. Throughout his life, the fish is able to spawn up to 10 times.
Fishing for brown trout
White-spotted charr is a fish that are not bred artificially. The fact is that, for its normal existence must attend both salt and fresh water. Not every fish farm has such conditions, and not every them possible to create. Catch it on an industrial scale only in Russia and in Japan. The Japanese are at the forefront in the consumption of this fish. In addition, Japan has been supplying congee in other countries in East Asia, located on the mainland.
In Russia, especially in the European part, the fish to buy it is almost unreal, and if it is selling at crazy prices. This is due to the fact that it has a great taste and the availability of most nutrients.
Useful properties of congee
Meat congee with rich red colour, and in taste similar to meat trout. In this regard, meat congee is present in various restaurant dishes. In addition, the meat of this fish has not gone unnoticed in the circle of nutritionists. They recommend to use those who are watching their figure.
Composition of meat
Meat congee, as well as other, though more prominent representatives of the salmon family, characterized by the occupancy of a sufficient number of useful minerals, vitamins, healthy fats and antioxidants. Meat congee also differs in that it has few bones, but a lot of zinc, phosphorus, iron, molybdenum, Niacin. In addition, it meat a lot of easily digestible protein. The presence of these nutrients makes this fish an indispensable everyday staple. Unfortunately, this is impossible due to the lack of fish in the stores and the lack of available prices.
100 grams of pure meat really detect 70 grams of protein, 18 grams of fat and 9 grams of omega-3.
Depending on when you caught the fish, meat congee can have a specific color. If it is to catch in the spring, it will be white, and if the fall and then pink.
The presence of vitamins
Meat congee discovered vitamins, which are so necessary for healthy hair and nails. The presence of vitamin C strengthens the immune system. The presence of other vitamins is also essential for the normal functioning of the human body.
Despite the fact that the meat of this fish is slightly oily, its calorie content is not high and is only 150 calories per 100 grams of pure meat. So, this meat can be consumed as a dietary product, not to gain extra weight. Naturally, with different ways of cooking, its energy value will be different. If the fish sariti, calories it will have more, and if you cook something less.
Contraindications to the use
Any serious conditions that could limit the use of this fish does not exist. Despite this, it is not recommended to use for those who suffer from personal intolerance to seafood. In addition, restrictions for those who have disturbed the normal work of the gastrointestinal tract. In other cases it not just possible there, but it is necessary.
Delicious recipes from congee
Fish brown trout, like most members of this valuable of the salmon family, is an excellent starting material for the preparation of various dishes. If it is to pickle, you can get a great product for snacks and salads. This fish will be delicious and nourishing soup. Moreover, it is enough to use the head, tail and fins, which are often discarded. In addition, it can bake in the oven or just cook on the coals. No less tasty and fried, although in this case, you should know that in this species it is less useful.
Fish is easy to clean, and a small number of bones makes it the perfect source material for culinary masterpieces.
The only drawback is the high cost, but this does not stop the true connoisseurs of fish dishes.
For its preparation you can use some of the recipes below.
White-spotted charr, baked whole in the oven
For this dish you will need:
- Kunja – one carcass.
- Bulb is one thing.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to prepare:
- The fish cut and gutted. Removed head, tail and fins, after which it was thoroughly washed. The head, tail and fins should not be discarded, since they really cook a very delicious soup.
- The fish is placed on a baking tray and greased with vegetable oil.
- Onion cut into half rings and placed inside the fish.
- This also leaves salt and pepper to taste.
- Fish baked in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Served on the table in combination with boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes or various other products.
White-spotted charr saline
What you need to prepare:
- 500 grams of meat congee.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Half a lemon or half a lime.
- Salt to taste.
How to prepare:
- Fish meat is sauced with vegetable oil and juice of lemon or lime, and do not forget to add salt.
- Put it on day in the refrigerator so that the meat is marinated.
- Through the day the fish get, and again sprinkled with lemon juice.
The fish you can eat! It is perfectly suitable for the preparation of cold appetizers and salads.
Potato pancakes with conga
To implement this recipe should have:
- 150 grams of smoked Salvelinus leucomaenis.
- 150 grams of potatoes.
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- 120 grams of sour cream.
- 120 grams creamy yogurt.
- Not a lot of milk.
- Salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
- A bit of nutmeg.
Method of preparation:
- Fish meat is cut into large pieces.
- Sour cream, yogurt, salt, pepper and chopped onion are mixed together to obtain a kind of sauce.
- The potato is shredded, grated, salted and purchase with milk and nutmeg.
- Pancakes are cooked on a griddle in clarified butter.
- Browns get to stack the excess fat and put into a separate bowl.
- On one half of the muffin lies a slice of fish and seasoned with sour cream and yogurt sauce with herbs, after which the top is responsible for fritters, which should cover first.
- The dish is seasoned with herbs and served to the table.
Fried brown trout
As mentioned above, white-spotted charr is delicious in any form. What you need to have:
- 500 grams of meat congee.
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Half a Cup of flour.
- Salt and spices to taste.
How to prepare:
- The fish is cut with the removal of all superfluous and thoroughly washed.
- Cut into large pieces, salted and purchase.
- Pieces of fish roll in flour and place on the preheated pan.
- Fish fry with two sides until Golden brown.
- The fish is served with any side dish.
White-spotted charr, like all members of this family, it is tasty and useful fish. Unfortunately, it is difficult to find in retail outlets. If there is a possibility, it is better not to regret money and to buy it, to try and see how it is delicious and healthy.