Fishing for walleye at night
Summer walleye is difficult, and the predator is forced to eat at night. During the day the heat it’s hiding in the overgrown algae in the depressions of the bottom. Therefore to get a predator in the heat of summer extremely difficult and even impossible task even for the most experienced anglers. What remains most loyal fishing? Look for walleye at night.
Why is it better? First, at night, the pike goes hunting. It works and naturally a hungry walleye is much easier and will actively respond to the bait. On a hot day pike butts only the bait, sometimes not even paying attention to her.
Night fishing fisherman should be carefully prepared. Better for it to take seasoned fisherman, trained, with extensive experience in the handling of equipment and have already visited night fishing. Otherwise, there will be only disappointment and lost in the empty night.
Bait for night fishing
The first thing you need to think about bait. Wobbler is the ideal choice for the predator. When choosing bait, consider the following points:
- Retrieve of the lure should be slow, without interruption. To move the bait only needs the current.
- Wobbler must not roll over and hover on the spot, on the water tooling needs to be stable.
- Wobbler, however, should create quite a loud vibration throughout. It is necessary to attract the predator and making a lot of noise in the water.
- Wobbler as clearly as possible should mimic the behavior of the fry during the night.
- For the most effective trip it is best to choose a strong and reliable hooks.
“Minnow” is appropriate for walleye fishing. This lure is a lure length is not more than 12 inches, the minimum size reaches seven. The working area of this bait about 1 meter.
For night fishing are also suitable luminous lures. For best results, baits of this type it is better to illuminate with a lantern every half-hour. For catching walleye active it will be the most reliable.
Night fishing technique walleye
For night fishing suitable shallow water, spit, shallows. Eyebrows are the first item on the perch after the decline of the summer heat, when the predator comes out at night to hunt it coastal edge becomes his refuge. At night you can hear the splash of water and stir the surface, is Zander begins the hunt. The most active time of day a walleye in the summer is 12:00 and 3:00 in the morning. With the first dawn is already possible to collapse the rod because the perch again goes to the sideline and returns to closed from sunlight basin.
To catch walleyes is not necessary to use a special technique catch, quite a few times to post the crankbait at a slow speed. At the same time, maintaining stability of the lure. The probability of catching such a way 90%, and an experienced angler will easily cope with this task. If slow connections does not work, you need to use a harness with pauses, the technique differs only in that while the snap on the bottom need to slow down or to stop altogether for a short period of time. For the fisherman with the experience of night fishing for walleye is a whole new field of experiments and selection of the optimum technique. Walleye at this time is mobile and can respond to any equipment, so long as he was startled, but at the same time should attract the attention of a predator.
For the spinner you need the following set of things in its backpack:
- Flashlight or any other light not so much for fish, but for themselves. A headlamp will be a real boon for fishermen.
- Warm to wear. On the water during tide changes, the air is always colder, it’s important to keep warm. Layered clothing will allow you to quickly adapt to the night air.
- Mosquitoes will be dozhdlivyj neighbors if not to stock up on plenty of repellent.