How to choose a float for winter fishing. 7 important rules
Today the stores can be considered very large variety of floats. But before you buy something, you need to know about some rules that will help the fisherman to make the right choice.
They are as follows:
1. It is desirable that the float was painted, and completely. Otherwise it will lead to the formation of cracks on the element and its icing that in the future will adversely affect its buoyancy.
2. The upper part of the float must be painted a bright color to increase its visibility in the water, constantly covered by a thin icy crust. For those who prefer to fish at night or twilight, it is better to choose float with a white top.
3. Floats must not absorb water, as it will change its capacity. In this case, you should pay attention to products made of a dense foam. Additional advantages are its light weight.
4. Most anglers prefer a sliding floats. However, it has one disadvantage — fast ice, which does not float out to the proper depth. This option is definitely not the place.
5. When you select float, you should pay attention to its shape. During the winter fishing the fish are not as active as in the summer, so it bites more careful. As a rule, when fishing for bream or the other for cautious fish, it is best to use a long float with a thin tip. They are highly sensitive, well observed and no resistance to the fish.
6. The carrying capacity of the float plays a less important role. If the current is absent, and water depth exceeds 10 meters, use floats weighing 2-2. 5 At low flow capacity needs to be increased to 4.5 g In shallow water and no currents — 2 g.
7. Winter end sleeves must be made of silicone. Compared to normal (which is very fragile and at any moment can fail), the silicone is more elastic and able to withstand low temperatures for long trips.
We must not forget that the float should be as sensitive and even in low paklava immediately to signal. Also, it should not create resistance for the fish, which may be the subject of scaring. However, you need to consider all the above factors that affect the catch, then the problem is in the choice of float is simply not there.