How to pickle salmon after freezing
How to pickle salmon after freezing
The majority of people become frozen pink salmon, since I live far from sea areas. Salted salmon is very tasty and healthy product that is not difficult to prepare at home.
Meat of pink salmon is characterized by a plasticity and richness in protein. For specific color of meat pink called “pink salmon”. The presence in meat of a large number of fatty acids make salmon one of the most elevating of fish.
- 1 How to cook fish fast and delicious
- 1.1 Secrets of taste
- 1.2 How to properly prepare the salmon for brining
- 1.3 cooking Appliances
- 2 Recipe of salting of pink salmon after freezing
- 3 Recipe dry salting of salmon
- 3.1 Dry salting, using spices and sugar
- 4 a variant of the “wet” salting salmon
- 5 delicious salt salmon under the salmon
How to cook fish fast and delicious
Soft and supple texture of the meat of pink salmon allows you to quickly absorb the salt. Cooking salmon at home can not go more than 24 hours. To begin cooking the fish immediately after defrosting.
It is recommended to purchase fish, which do not exist inside the head. From fresh pink salmon belly has a clear pink tint, and the tail is not curved.
It should be noted that in 85 grams of salted salmon has 10 grams high-grade fish oil.
Secrets of taste
Fish meat very low bitterness and this factor must be taken into consideration in the process of salting. The presence of salt will minimize the bitterness, and sugar and spices gives the meat a subtle fish taste.
The meat pink, you can add the following seasonings:
- black pepper;
- white pepper;
- Bay leaf.
There are several options for home salting of pink salmon:
- the sugar present in the brine are able to give the dish a spicy taste;
- for cooking with oil, use regular vegetable oil;
- if in the process of cooking salmon to cover the load, then it will begin to extract the juice;
- the use of powdered sugar would produce a more delicate flavor;
- for pickling is only good stone (large) or sea salt;
- pink salmon should be prepared in glass, ceramic or plastic containers.
Interesting! 100 grams of salted meat is 19% of vitamin A.
How to properly prepare the salmon for brining
Need frozen carcass fish to defrost in a natural way, without speeding up this phase. You can remove the skin of the fish before cooking, but most recipes are calculated on salting with the skin.
Salted salmon is considered a delicacy, so the process of salting must be taken seriously. Before cooking removes the head, fins and bones. Therefore, salting to be only a flesh delicious meat of pink salmon. After proper cutting should have two pieces of fish meat called the fillet. Other recipes require smaller pieces of fish.
As already mentioned, there are several ways of cooking salted salmon. Here are some of them:
- Salted salmon. This method involves the exposure of the meat of pink salmon a short time in the salt solution.
- Salmon spiced. To a solution of salt add all sorts of spices and aromatic herbs.
- Salmon dry salting. The fish is simply rubbed with salt or a salt with sugar, without using water.
- Salmon salted in oil. The basis of the marinade for cooking meat of pink salmon is vegetable oil.
Recipe of salting of pink salmon after freezing
After freezing the texture of the meat of the salmon loses some of its qualities due to the appearance of ice in the tissues, which are slightly softened fresh product. Butchering the carcass should pay attention to how easy the fabric is separated from the bones. If the bones are easily separated from the meat, so the carcass has undergone several processes of freezing/thawing. Of course, that such meat will not allow you to get a quality end product. If the process of separation of the bones was not so easy, and the meat is soft and supple, you can begin the process of salting. The larger the carcass, the meaty fillet, and easier to cook.
A simple recipe consists of simply rubbing salt-sugar mixture into the meat of the salmon. In this case, salt should be 2 times more than sugar. The mixture should not be pitied. This means that meat should be treated liberally and thoroughly.
After that, the fish was placed in a refrigerator for one day. The concentration of salt and sugar prepared depending on the degree of salting. The less salt, malosolone will be product. But it is also very important to maintain the aspect ratio with sugar. Prepared according to the similar technologies in fish may be preserved for a short time.
The recipe for the dry salting of salmon
The easiest recipe assumes the presence of fish and salt. In a container made of glass or ceramic poured salt, a ball of about 1 cm and lay the fish fillets skin-side down. Top meat fish also sprinkle with salt. After this process the fish is better to put in the fridge, but before that:
- cover the fish with a lid;
- put on a fillet of fish cargo;
- or lay a fish fillet cooking film.
The fish is cooked for 24 hours. This technology is the basis for all recipes.
Japanese salted salmon with sea salt. The technology of preparation following:
- Heavy fillets, skinned, dried with a paper towel.
- These pieces of fillets liberally sprinkle all sides with sea salt and put in 3-4 layers of paper towels.
- In this state the fish is put on a sieve, and set at the bottom of some vessel.
- All this is placed in refrigerator for one day.
The Japanese believe that sea salt makes the meat more natural, with a peculiar pink hue.
It should be recalled that the longer fish is kept in the salt composition, so it will be saltier then. Therefore, more than 3 days to glaze the fish is not recommended.
Dry salting, using spices and sugar
Besides the usual, a simple salting fish, there are options when the salt is added sugar and spices. We propose the following method of cooking salmon:
- The carcass is removed from the backbone and other bones.
- The fillet is divided into two parts.
- Meat processed from all sides with a mixture of salt, black pepper, sugar, chopped dill and parsley. Top, you can put a few leaves Lavrushka and pour over the lemon juice.
- Put one slice and top the other.
- Hold the fish a few days in the fridge.
- After this period, the fish must be cleaned of excess salt and seasonings.
You need to know! The fish is uniformly impregnated with lemon juice and spices, it is necessary to turn 2 times a day.
In this recipe the lemon juice to replace vinegar, and pepper, in the grain mustard.
The option of “wet” salting salmon
Wet salting involves the presence of a brine with spices, cooked in water. It is prepared as follows:
- In a bowl poured to 2 liters of water and brought to a boil.
- Water is added to 2 Bay leaves, 70 g of salt, 1 h spoon of pepper.
- All this is boiled for 10 minutes.
- After the broth has cooled, it is filtered.
- Pieces of fish are filled with this composition.
- Placed in the refrigerator for one day.
This number can pickle up to 5 kg of fish. If the carcass is smaller (about 3 kg), the number of components you need to reduce in 2 times.
How delicious salt salmon under the salmon
Pink meat is not very fatty and has a slightly bitter aftertaste. To make the meat more fat allows the vegetable oil. If the recipe to use it, that salmon are unlikely to be distinguished from salmon.
Technology of preparation:
- Water needs to boil and then allow to cool and add 5 tablespoons of salt.
- Defrosted fish is cut, remove all bones and cut into pieces with a width up to 4 cm.
- The cut fish is placed in brine for ten minutes.
- After that, the meat of pink salmon is placed in a glass or enamel bowl and pour vegetable oil.
- Filled with fish oil is installed in a refrigerator somewhere in forty minutes.
- If the fish do not pour the brine completely, then every 15 minutes the pieces should turn.
As a result of such actions get the finished product, which in taste and color corresponds to the salmon. In this case, you need to take the carcass, weighing up to 1 kg.
If the result of the salting of the salmon, the fish will be very salty, you can soak in ordinary water.
Salty salmon goes well in salads, cold appetizers, sandwiches and tartlets. Moreover, the salmon is so delicious, it is also very useful. Home pickling ensures the high quality of the final result, as the recipes are no different flavorings and preservatives that cause significant harm to human health.