Ilya Shestakov – the fishermen: “This is not your life”
Fish industry of Russia in five years will not learn, promises the Federal Agency for fishery.
Its head, Deputy Minister of agriculture of Russia Ilya Shestakov in an interview with Federal news Agency said, as will use 140 billion rubles of investments for the industry; what to expect from “crab auctions”; who will trade under the brand “Russian fish” and whether the Russians in the future to bring home “extra salmon”.
– Ilya Vasilyevich, you recently attended the opening of agroindustrial exhibition “Golden autumn” in Moscow. What events were in the program for the fishing industry?
We held a round table on the development of export of fish products. Discussed how we can achieve the task within the framework of the national project: to raise revenue from exports doubled to $ 8 billion. For this you need to take some measures. To increase the catch in half, we can’t do it, will have to increase the cost of exports, and this can be done through the development processing. Now about 90% of the fish products we export in the form of raw materials. And it should be changed.
For the development of fish processing, we launched a program of quotas for investment purposes. In the framework of last year began to build processing factories with waste-free production, as well as fishing vessels at Russian shipyards. Because of this, we will ensure the production of modern products with high added value and at the same time decide the issue of fish waste – of them will produce fish meal and fish oil, and just before being dumped.
In addition, we plan to introduce amendments to the Tax code that provide for a differentiated approach to levying the tax rates for the resource. There will be a benefit for those companies that will be exporting processed products or to supply the domestic market. It is important to balance the supply to the foreign and domestic markets because our fish are in great demand abroad, but as a raw material. If raw materials from Russia demanded, with the finished product, no one is waiting – it is necessary to develop a program to promote. Therefore, we initiated the creation of a non-profit organization for the promotion of domestic fish.
– How will it look?
– It will be Autonomous nonprofit organization “Russian fish”, which creates a pool of fishing companies. In the near future it will register. Those fishermen who enter the organization will be able to use the sign and under it to promote their products. The brand will work for all members of the organization, but at the same time cuts off poor quality goods: companies will prize the image and keep the quality level.
Of course, I would like to see under this umbrella brand the maximum number of enterprises, but until there is an agreement 15 the companies that exactly it will include. It is the largest industry players. We expect that the organization will begin work this year.
– Russia for the second time held the international fishery forum. We can talk about what we set trends of discussions in this industry?
– The forum itself is unique – until now there was not such an international event in the fishing industry, where there are also business, science and civil servants and have the opportunity to exchange opinions and positions. In the international arena is especially important because trends in different parts of the World ocean may be different, they need to see and understand. There’s lots to learn and business, and civil servants – from the point of view of policy regulation of the fishing business.
We have seen that reforms in some countries overlap with the reform of the sector, which is now in Russia. To say that the forum sets the trend of discussions in the world community, I wouldn’t – after all, he is young, he is only two years. But here rise initiative, which we then broadcast on other platforms – for example on activities of FAO (world food and agriculture organization of the United Nations. – Approx. FAN). And, by the way, the presence of her guide on the forum is also important.
– On the forum you mentioned the development of a new agreement to regulate fishing in the ocean initiated by the United States, which is not ready to accept Russia. Comment our position – what we don’t agree?
– The debate about global regulation of fisheries in the open waters of the oceans in areas beyond national jurisdictions, common criteria and standards. The results of this discussion can be very different. On the one hand, discusses the creation of a single organization, which would govern fishing in all open parts of the oceans.
This vector is a concern. The fact that even regional organizations are often unable to agree on certain positions. In the context of global regulation, it can lead to the fact that countries simply do not fulfill the conditions. After all, the main questions are to whom, how much and where to fish. Failure to comply with the agreements in this case may lead to Perevalova, the destruction of the world reserves or a serious loss.
Discussed another issue: compensation to less developed countries from catching resources in other States. Given that many of the leading fishing countries are investing in, maintaining inventory, social security – strange idea… a Difficult question for discussion. If the discussion will be about how to preserve regional organization, but to coordinate their work on a common standard, then this mechanism is more intuitive: it gives you the opportunity to lead the organization towards a universal approach and their interaction. Will see how will develop the discussion. Russia takes part in it, like all countries.
– Let’s return to its waters: we have in this year’s record catch of salmon, but we were not ready for it. How and what will do better next year? And is there a forecast for the next Putin?
Forecast for the next year yet. Science will present the recommended reasonable volumes later, during the analysis of the slope of juvenile salmon from rivers to the sea for feeding. In fact, that Putin disbursed a record amount in the history of observations. There were difficulties due to the lack of the required number of cold storage facilities, lack of transport, which could the fish carry. Not to say that the consequences were disastrous, but many companies took advantage of the moment – increased prices for the transportation and receipt of fish.
Were history with the release of caught fish, but this is a minor amount, given that total catch in Kamchatka has reached 500 thousand tons. Of course, when dumped KAMAZ fish, that is about 20 tons, it looks impressive. But if you know the total volume, the scale is lost. Of course, it still is shocking but, unfortunately, such cases were.
Causes of emissions from two poachers – fishing companies that were caught over the limit, and poachers – organized criminals. Since the ad hoc group of fisheries inspectors and law enforcement officers and law enforcement agencies had blocked all roads, they were forced to drop the fish where I ran into a post in the forest.
But you know, that exasperated people in this story?
– Why not give the fish to people?
– Yes, why not give people. It is clear that there is a law, but it is possible to devise temporal changes in the law for such exceptional cases? Why not try to do?
– Happened collapse. Fish had a lot of, you could resolve to give it to the people, and we wanted to organize it. But under current law do not. You can run that under the mute will braceletthat: show the fish and tell that he found her in the woods. To make the law effective, it is necessary to devise a clear control mechanism.
Next year will be a law for “crab auctions”. The industry did not expect. In several forums in a row you talked with representatives of the industry – it became clear how to be with this law?
– The company who own the fishing quotas of crab, think the law is harmful. They can understand because they lose some of the quotas – and, therefore, opportunities for the catch and earnings. They are the law never will. On the other hand, the profitability of these companies have big investment on their part was not in the fishing industry or in social facilities, it was necessary to think at the time, now, to defend their rights.
We always remind our enterprises: it’s not your resource, a resource that the government gives to use for a certain period. Current contracts of the companies were concluded for ten years, and by 2019 the deadline. With the adoption of amendments and new contracts will be in effect. Just might be the new form of quota – with the investment obligations, and it will be allocated half of the allowable catch of crabs. Companies that win the auction will have to build krabolovy court.
– On the Marine Board you announced plans for the study of wounds together with the raw material base of the Antarctic? That will give it to Russia?
– Many countries offer to enter the areas of limitation of catch, including in the Antarctic area. At the same time without any scientific justification. Russia considers it possible to create Marine protected areas (MPAS. – Approx. FAN) only on principles informed by science, not politics. We do the research, get new data, we can comprehensively analyze and show the existing stocks, the dynamics of development in this area.
There, by the way, there are valuable stocks of krill is a high protein product with many useful properties. It is suitable not only as food, krill can be subjected to deep processing and use of pharmaceuticals, feed production for aquaculture. In our long-term strategy of development of the industry, we have provided the possibility of the development of the Russian fishing fleet this resource.
– On the fisheries forum Agency subordinate to the institution “Center of system monitoring of fisheries and communication,” signed an interesting agreement with Russia’s largest trading platform for the sale of agricultural products and fish, which enables online trade from ships. Our fishermen are ready to engage in this project? In General, how they are conservative?
Our fishermen are very conservative, although in recent years the situation has changed. They have well-established relations with foreign suppliers, they did not want to brand the products or to promote. They need to catch and deliver to a port and receive money to more than anything, the head does not hurt. To some extent they can understand, in some not. If you sell immediately at the pier, you’re dependent on market conditions. At some point it’s on you and presses: the price is reduced, the fishing becomes inefficient. We saw this with the herring in the far East, when the price fell so much that the fishermen refused to fish: to put to sea was not economically justified.
We show the fishermen that we need to diversify activities, create new product, for example, fillets. At the same time to focus not only on export but also on the Russian market. The creation of infrastructure need to be addressed. We have on the fingers of one hand can be counted the major wholesale players who are able to create entire distribution chain. In most cases, in the way of fish to the consumer with too many intermediaries, and the increase and loss of quality. But gradually, the fishermen go to the domestic market, see how to create a new brand, new products begin to enter into direct contracts with trade operators.
– How is the fishing sector of Russia in the near future? Cheaper finally the fish?
– The cost of wild fish on the world market will grow, because it will catch restricted in recent years has stabilized at 93-95 million tonnes and the population of the planet, including the solvency of the population in China, India and other major countries, is growing. But this value will not grow at the same rate as now increasing the price of fish 20 days from Vladivostok to Moscow.
If the fishermen and the network will work directly or through one intermediary, if the retail will understand how to work with the fishermen, all opportunities to reduce the price of fish in Russia. Now fish, reaching from Vladivostok to Moscow will rise in price three times. If you remove the middlemen, it is possible to reduce the margin of at least 30-50%.
Of course, the main breakthrough we expected from implementation of projects using the mechanism of investment quotas. In the industry in the next 3-4 years will go 140 billion rubles of investments is already existing and signed contracts for the construction of vessels and shore factories. We update 40% of the capacity of the domestic fishing fleet. Another quality product, alternative opportunities for resource development, good working conditions for people. We expect that in five years the fishing industry will be upgraded and this will directly affect the consumer market.
According to the materials: riafan.ru