River perch: habitat, feeding, reproduction
River bass prefer clean water without strong currents. The young live for some time in the stocks. They stay close to shore in the grass, and so it is very easy to observe them. At the end of the second year perch become sexually Mature. River perch has a delicious meat and is a commercial fish. It also has a lot of love and at fishers-sportsmen.
A close relative of the river perch is a perch. This fish is apparently quite similar in appearance to the perch. He did, however, cross bars, not so clearly distinguished, as the perch. In addition, the dorsal and caudal fins have dark spots.
- Size: To 45 cm in length.
- Features: River perch easily recognized by the glowing of the first dorsal fins, dark transverse stripes on the flanks and a reddish podvodnymi and bottoms on the belly.
- Food: Eats other fish, young perch eat small crustaceans and other small aquatic animals and fish eggs.
- Reproduction: the spawning period is from March but June. Caviar gelatinous bands attached to aquatic plants or stones, the fry hatch after 2-3 weeks.
- Habitat: In still and flowing waters at depths of up to 1,000 m. Disseminated, with the exception of the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, Scotland, parts of Norway and the Balkans, throughout Europe and in parts of Asia.