Roskoshestvo told how to choose red caviar
While in the laboratories in the country researching the most popular festive delicacy, the experts tell you how on appearance to determine the quality of the caviar [4 important symptom].
Over the past two years it will be already the second large-scale study of red caviar, after the first revealed a lot of inconsistencies. In anticipation of the New year will test the eggs for bacteria, content of preservatives and the amount of salt, the presence of antibiotics and “caviar watery juice” – juice that appears when you burst the eggs. Although the GOST content of the juice is not regulated, but for the consumer it is important: it’s nice to buy a jar full of whole calf and not floating in too much juice polarisavenue eggs.
In the study of Roskoshestvo will include caviar, coho salmon, pink salmon, sockeye salmon, chum salmon and rainbow trout produced in the Primorsky Krai, Novosibirsk and Leningrad region, Kamchatka Krai, Sakhalin, Moscow, Moscow region and St.-Petersburg.
New year’s eve, we learn how to change the quality of caviar from 2016. As long as we learn how to choose eggs by their appearance banks.
1. Looking for GOST
Salmon caviar is produced from chum, pink salmon, coho salmon, sockeye salmon, treated with a solution of salt, sometimes with the addition of antiseptics. In taste and visual characteristics of the eggs of different species of salmonids may differ significantly. This is used by many manufacturers, and as an abstract concept of “salmon caviar” in a jar can be anything up to mixed “mess” of all kinds.
Therefore it is better to choose packaging marked with the inscription “GOST”: in this case the manufacturer is obliged to specify the type of fish from which the resulting product. It should be noted that the eggs of the first grade consists of the same size and color of eggs, characterized by thick, friable, low salt content and a pleasant smell.
2. Estimated production date.
Buying caviar, pay attention to the production date. Good eggs is likely to be produced in those months when the fish are the salmon are spawning. Continuing this process for a few months depending on the species of fish – from mid-may through October-December. (What do the eggs in February, see note)
* Pink salmon in the West Sakhalin basically is to spawn in June and July, the East Sakhalin in July – August in the South Kuril Islands in August-September.
* Chum salmon spawning run begins in rivers of the Northern Primorye in August, and the mass entering the spawning starts in the second half of September-October. In South Primorye chum salmon spawning run occurs at a later date.
* Sockeye salmon, usually begins entering the river in may, and spawning continues to the end of July.
* Coho salmon in Kamchatka are divided into summer, autumn and winter. Summer spawns in September-October, autumn – in November-December, winter – December-February.
3. The markings and appearance.
Embossed figures on the sheet metal factory a jar of caviar should be convex, not depressed is a sign of factory product. Inspect the jar on the damage, it is in any case should not be swollen. Swollen Bank (“bloat”) – a sign of the presence of the eggs of unacceptable types of microbes.
If you take a glass jar, take a good look: the eggs of the first class must be integers of the same color and size and neslepties. Flip: good caviar does not flow instantly in the walls (a sign of a large number of juice). A good calf than a few eggs may fall on the cover.
4. Storage temperature.
The ideal storage temperature is -4 to -6 °C. In the refrigerating chamber, where the eggs should be a thermometer — be sure to look for him in the purchase. If the temperature is higher, it is possible breach of microbiological indicators, such calves will not be good.
Opened the tin, put the eggs in a glass bowl: in a tin open the caviar will quickly oxidize. The shelf life of open cans of caviar in the refrigerator only one week, so expect their forces with the purchase of delicacies for the holidays.
The ovary is not the most delicious
If the packaging caviar is the date, not the period of spawning for certain fish, most likely, the caviar prepared from frozen ovaries. The ovary is a thin durable film with fish eggs. In the harvesting of salmon caviar manufacturer often cannot immediately process all Objet, so part of the ovary is frozen. Also it saves time on transportation. Production the ovary thawed, remove the thawed and salted red eggs, and then Packed it on the banks. This caviar is usually significantly lose their properties.
By the WAY
Featured on color and taste
If the eggs are not in the banks, it can be estimated visually: caviar from different fish of the salmon family differs from each other the size of eggs, colour and, of course, price.
* Pink salmon. It has a neutral taste, medium-diameter (about 5 mm) and bright orange color. Egg shell is not strong enough, so when the eggs stirred, some eggs burst, forming a the juice, that is juice caviar. The most popular producers of caviar. Its nutritional value is second only to eggs of coho salmon.
* Chum. Caviar is a fairly large (5-6 mm). Before the revolution it was called the Royal. Large eggs have the proper spherical shape, bright amber-orange color and well-marked fatty speck-embryo. Very striking in appearance, but the taste is not like all – nedovolno dense shell.
* Coho salmon. The eggs of this fish are smaller than those of pink salmon (about 4 mm), dark-red color, often red. Coho salmon caviar bitter taste. In this ranks first in nutritional value.
* Trout. Caviar from trout, the smallest of all the red fish (average diameter 2-3 mm). On the palate there is a little bitterness and aftertaste of fish. Color is caviar and yellow (dark yellow), and red (bright red). Trout caviar is usually served on a canapé and sandwiches, as her eggs are sticky and quite salty.
According to the materials: rostov.kp.ru