Survival kit in extreme conditions
Survival kit in extreme conditions
The term “survival” includes a range of knowledge and techniques that allow humans to survive in extreme conditions, with a minimal set of tools and things. The extreme situation is when the person lost in the woods, was in the context of natural disasters, etc. In our difficult times, can expect anything, even terrorist attacks, which may have to hide.
Such situations require knowledge and special skills, as well as any household items. Otherwise a person waiting for a very poor outcome.
Some of the people are constantly faced with similar conditions, because of their occupation or residence in a particular area. In such cases, one needs to have a special, minimal survival kit.
All the professional military courses on survival and they know about “survival kit”. This is a special bag or backpack where you store appliances and items that may be needed in the field. This briefcase military take with you in case of an alert, for special assignments, designed to operate far from civilization.
Virtually all residents of Japan are ready to extreme situations and they have always been a backpack with Essentials. And it is not hidden anywhere, but is located near the front door. The backpack is a supply of food for 3 days, medication, copies of all documents on electronic media, as well as a certain amount of money.
This is because Japan is located in a highly seismic zone. Earthquakes and tsunamis is quite usual phenomenon for this country. When a new alarm, the Japanese immediately grab their backpacks and run out into the street.
- 1 survival Kit
- 1.1 Backpack for survival
- 1.2 Food for survival: requirements
- 1.3 the Shoes in an emergency situation
- 1.4 clothing Set
- 2 Adaptations for survival
- 2.1 a Knife or multitool
- 2.2 Small hatchet
- 2.3 the Device for water purification
- 2.4 the Need for utensils
- 2.5 Than a bonfire
- 2.6 the Presence of light (lighting)
- 3 first aid Kit survivalist
- 4 the emergency reserve (NAE)
You can talk about some basic survival kit, which includes a specific set of items, allowing a person to hold out some time before the arrival of assistance. This set of items may be conditional, since much depends on the conditions in which it may be. If you just get lost in the woods, you may need a minimum survival kit. But if you get lost in the taiga, a minimal set is not enough.
Distinguish, somewhat arbitrarily, two categories of survival kits. For example:
- The first category is a large set that fits in a backpack of medium size. To wear such backpacks is not easy, so they can be in the car trunk or other places and waiting in the wings.
- The second category is the emergency reserves (Called) that are designed for your daily wearing. In the West they are called EDC (every day carry). The difference between Azami and EDC kits is that Called designed for survival in the wild, and EDС-sets — for survival in the conditions of modern cities.
The survival kits include very different items depending on the conditions of the terrain or time of year, which can be people. Are also important features of each person. To the peculiarities of the human factor include the presence of various diseases or the propensity of the human body to allergies. In this connection it is necessary to count on expansion of the components included in the kit for survival. Despite this, there is the concept of standard vialikaha set about which to talk. In other words, are there items or tools, without which it is impossible to do in any case.
Backpack for survival
First, the backpack should be reliable and durable and also water resistant. Immediately have to give up cheap Chinese backpacks, sewn rotten thread, which stick out in all directions. As though she may be, but you need to count on the fact that this backpack can and should save lives. Therefore, the quality of the backpack in the first place. As a rule, you should opt for a backpack medium capacity: it is unlikely that in a small backpack, everything fit. If you take a large backpack, it can be a real burden in extreme situations, when every calorie in human account. The best option is a backpack, a volume of 50 liters. Another important factor: the backpack should not attract attention. It needs to have a modest, low-key colors: unknown in what conditions a person may be. If you have to escape from the terrorists, a bright backpack can be seen at a great distance, and it is completely useless.
Backpack firm “Maxpedition” and other such producers, despite their quality, it is better not to use. For such purposes, as no good army backpacks as they do not possess the necessary qualities. If you take the normal tourist backpack, this is the best option. But you need to focus on quality.
Food for survival: requirements
You can survive without anything, but without food people will not survive for sure, especially at first. Therefore, it is important to have a supply of food for three days, until the person to Orient in the real world.
Foods that are included in the survival kits must meet certain requirements. For example:
- The food should be high calorie.
- It must not deteriorate for a long period of time.
- Occupy little space and have minimal weight.
Such requirements are met by only one type of food — products, canned sublimation method. This process, which has 2 stages: freezing and drying. Due to the fact that they are not subjected to heat treatment, they retain all their nutritional properties. In addition, they significantly lose in volume and in weight.
Shoes in an emergency situation
Shoes for extreme situations it is necessary to choose correctly. Since you have to move a lot, and even with a backpack, the uncomfortable shoes I won’t get far. Worse, if it’s damaged leg, then people will lose mobility, which can lead to serious consequences. In such a situation is not worth saving. This is especially true if the person falls in mountainous terrain. A good option is Hiking boots that lock the ankle, protecting it from sprains and thick sole can protect foot from sharp objects. Despite the apparent volume, they are not heavy, but very reliable and durable.
It is quite natural that the clothes must be selected depending on the time of year. Despite this, the principle of acquisition of a spare set does not depend on some factors.
- Underwear should be only from natural materials, with the exception of socks. Socks it is better to take with the presence of the artificial filaments so they last longer.
- The presence of thermal underwear, which is designed to divert sweat from the surface of the human body, is not required, although without it you will have a hard time. Generally, thermal underwear is made of special synthetic fabrics. Sweat allows the body to retain heat, due to the dryness of the body surface. This is very important, especially in terms of long transitions and low temperatures.
- Fleece clothing, though sewn from synthetic has excellent performance on heat preservation. Besides, it also breathes and pleasant to the touch and tight. Therefore, in the survival kit should include pants and a jacket out of fleece.
- Tight jacket with long sleeves and a hood, as well as tight pants, sewed, both of natural and synthetic fabrics (mix). In other words, the jacket and pants have to be durable and reliable.
Adaptations for survival
Knife or multitool
Naturally, in such situations, the knife will never be superfluous, and even better to have 3 knives for all occasions. One knife may be the type of multitool that gives you the opportunity to have a whole set of new tools. A second knife — folding, third — lasting, like a fix or Mora. Naturally, this is perfect, so you need to have at least one knife, folding is better.
Suitable not a great tourist hatchet, which will help to save lives in dangerous situations. It will also help to promptly light a fire to stay warm in such conditions. This is the second tool after the knife, without which it is difficult to do.
Device for water purification
Today, you can expect to purchase ready-made, factory filter, both domestic and imported. Naturally, the presence of the factory filter or fixture is an additional useful space, which can not miss in such conditions. In addition, water purification is possible with special pills, such as “Aquatab”, “Aquaris”, “Portabl Aqua”, etc. should Not also forget that water can be purified using potassium permanganate, and also the most simple and affordable method — a method of boiling.
The need in ware
If we consider that on account of every cubic centimeter, then talk about the pot itself has no meaning.
It is best to use no more marching set, which consists of a pot with a volume of 1.5 litres, caps and mugs, which is inside the pot at the combined arms principle. The amount of clubs about 0.8 liters.
Than a bonfire
In this case will help ordinary matches, but they need to be placed into a plastic bag and to seal off hermetically, so they are not damp. Each of the boxes better than sealed separately. Matches are lightweight and do not occupy much space. Then you can use boxes of matches as necessary. Better if there is another option of fire pit — steel, which you can use to spark and get the fire using flammable materials. You can easily find them in the forest: the dry bark, dry moss, feathers, dried herbs, etc. to learn to use a flint and steel is not so difficult.
The presence of light (lighting)
In such cases, it is better to have a flashlight that shines not from the batteries or battery, and the built-in generator, which is driven by means of a special arm. For operation of this device is sufficient to use physical force. Recently popular are lanterns on the LEDs as they consume much less energy compared to conventional bulbs. Even on batteries, such lighting devices operate for a long time. In any case, if there is an alternative source of light, that is a big plus.
First aid kit survivalist
A very important component of a survival kit, especially if any chronic illnesses that require regular use of medicines. If there are no such problems in the first aid kit should include:
- A sterile bandage. It is better to have a few packages with different sizes.
- Rubber band, which can be useful in cases of serious injuries with heavy bleeding. The rubber tourniquet is designed to stop bleeding. It should be able to use it: harness superimposed on the time no more than 2 hours, otherwise you can lose the limb.
- Hydrogen peroxide, for mechanical decontamination of open wounds.
- Chlorhexidine digluconate 0.005 per cent. Used to decontaminate open wounds by irrigation.
- Iodine and brilliant green. Used for processing large wounds or their edges.
- Activated charcoal in tablet form, which rapidly removes toxins from the body in cases of poisoning.
- Aspirin tablets will provide protection for the body in case of cold.
- Ibuprofen or cetanol as analgesic.
- A band-aid.
Do not interfere, and rope, and durable, up to 3 meters. In such situations, it is very important to have a rope, because you often have something to tie up, something to fix, etc. With a rope you can quickly arrange temporary housing. Often without a rope difficult to overcome not a big hoist or raise the load to a certain height. In short, the rope, and reliable will never be superfluous.
Wearable emergency reserve (NAE)
Difference of Naza from a large set is that all CALLED is placed in a large box, preferably a metal or a large handbag. Because it differs is not large, we can assume that he should always be on the human body. It can be attached to a belt, put in pocket, hang on neck for lace. In other words, this set, which has a short period of time.
The average NAZ should include:
- Not a big folding knife, with a set of blades that perform different functions.
- Lighter, preferably a bright color to her it was always easy to find and hard to lose.
- Not a big led flashlight with reserve batteries.
- USB flash drive (electronic media) with written on it the main documents such as passport, driver’s license, proof of birthday, and other documents. It is desirable that it be protected from moisture.
- A simple, well-sharpened pencil with office stickers bright colors.
- Not a big mirror, which you can use to signal a Sunny day.
- Sealed packages, where you can place, for example, documents.
- Packaging sanitary napkins.
- Alcohol wipes (wipes for injection).
- Components for fishing (fishing line, hooks, sinkers, float).
- “Space” blanket.
Additionally, the kit can include other components, depending on the expected conditions. At the same time, we must remember that NAZ is a set that takes up little space and weighs little, but it is always possible to survive in the wild, although the long-term period should not be. In any case, you need to expect that help is coming and the sooner the better.
In our difficult time faces the problem of survival in extreme conditions. Someone faced with similar conditions every day, and someone has no idea what it is. Despite this, every man must be ready to meet such conditions, otherwise the consequences could be unpredictable. No one knows what the person expects in the future.