The choice of lures for pike
Many fishermen consider it difficult to catch a pike. For catching it we must consider not only the time and place, but a suitable bait. The most popular way of catching pike is trolling. In this article we will focus on the variety and proper selection of lures.
The spinner itself is a metal plate equipped with fishing hooks. Usually spinners in the form of a repeating structure of small fish or other small animals. Sometimes manufacturers add to the body of the lure feathers or plastic plate, have special appeal for fish because of its brightness and agility. When pike fishing lures may differ in structure, color and sizes.
The main types of lures:
1. Fluctuating (spoons), so named because of its form, thanks to which makes the water movement from side to side, creating vibration, which attracts predatory fish. As material for them to use, mainly various metal alloys, can have a different shade and relief on the body, simulating scales.
2. Turntables — typically used for perch, but often it is possible to catch a pike. This is because in the process leads one of the parts of the spinner makes noise to attract fish. Although this bait is usually caught smaller pike, but bites occur more often than on the vibrating spoon.
3. Nesacaine used in swampy and overgrown with reeds and algae places where other baits frequently with ease, you can leave on some underwater snag. Design spinners-nezatseplyayki also ensures the good passage of obstacles. In its structure there are special antennae, at a level slightly above the hook, during the movement of protecting it on the hook. As pike often “is” in the reeds, with this jig you can safely throw spinning from the shore.
The effect of color lures on the pike bite
Because at different time, the water has a different color and turbidity, spinners should come under such conditions, keeping the most natural for pike view:
1. For pure water the most appropriate would be to use dark lures and in turbid on the contrary — bright.
2. If fishing takes place in a dark, swampy colors, but the clear water and the spinners with a hint of copper and gold.
3. When he flips on the depth it is important to consider that the deeper the lure is immersed, the darker it will look. At a depth of ten meters or more pike is able to distinguish only blue and green shades.
In some cases, predatory fish may be attracted to the bait, painted in bright, unnatural color, rarely found in nature. In cases where metal spinners don’t work, you might want to try it.
The influence of the size of the spinner
It is worth to consider the size fish you plan to catch. There is no point in trying to catch a big fish on a small lure, it will simply remain unnoticed. Large spinners as well imitate a sick fish that might be of interest. Length of spoons is selected in accordance with the actual size of the fish, which is hunting pike in a particular reservoir. Often, the length is taken from the interval of 4-12 inches. The width is recommended to choose the most natural.