The largest carp myths and reality
Around carp so many myths and legends. For example, in the Internet there are reports that someone caught a fish the size of 40-50 kg, but unfortunately, never include video or photo evidence. Connected similar with the very sort of fish.
Weight, size, age
- First 5 years of the carp reaches: 25 cm weight 1 kg
- The second five years: 50 cm and 2 kg
- Fifteen years: 75 cm and 3 kg
The average growth rate of carp per year 200-300 grams. Here you might think that the table is not very fair. After 5 years of carp can gain 1.5 kg a 10 3 kg, but this is possible only in theory. In relatively ideal conditions!
- Ideal conditions for carp
- Warm winter in 10-15 years
- Clean the pond (not wetlands)
- A good supply of oxygen in the winter
- Perfect feeding throughout the year
- There is little danger from the outside world (the fishermen for carp is also danger)
Of course, these conditions can be created, but not in nature, and in human activities. However, due to the relatively slow weight gain the fish, people prefer to grow other varieties, for example – carp. If for some reason undertake the cultivation of fish, try to breed this fish with other fish species, e.g. carp.
Real documented case occurred in the Minsk reservoir. Weight carp to 5 kg, and estimated fish age 12 years.
The conclusion is simple, it is possible to believe in miracles and that someone somewhere catches carp the sizes in 40-50 kg, but unfortunately “Santa Claus” does not exist, although it is painful to realize. It is likely to catch carp crossed with other breeds of fish (e.g. carp) is more than 5 kg of weight, but otherwise this is a fishermen’s stories and imagination, not documented and not having photo or video evidence.