The use of silicone baits for winter fishing
Silicone lure that copies not only the appearance of fish, insects, various larvae, amphibians, crustaceans and other creatures appeared in fishing practice relatively recently. However, this did not stop them in a very short time to become one of the most popular anglers from different countries of the artificial bait. It is considered that “rubber” is supposed to be used exclusively in the period of open water, but it is totally a misconception. Of course, not every silicon lures can come in handy for ice fishing. Cheap Chinese model, which in the cold lose their flexibility and elasticity, can safely wait for spring in a locked Cabinet, but the quality of the model makes sense to try out on the nearest body of water as soon as it was covered with a thick crust of ice. However, we should not forget about the gear that you can use with silicone lures. Instead of spinning rods for distance casting have to come a little winter fishing rod for catching in a plumb.
Features winter fishing with soft lures
Fishing with soft lures ice even called ice-jig. Winter fishing on the “rubber” has some differences from the summer. And it’s not just that the catching of a predator does not occur in horizontal and vertical plane. But also in the flexibility of lures, some of which are in extreme cold loses its elasticity and mobility in the transaction. The best baits for fishing from the ice, oddly enough, is edible silicone. And the point here is not so much a pleasant odor, which attracts the predator in summer, as in the soft “rubber”, made with the addition of salt. A salt is known, is one of the main enemies of cold. Another important factor is the proper storage of silicone on winter fishing. In any case it is impossible to keep baits in the cold. Especially after they pulled out of the water and replaced with a new one. You should only wet the silicone to lie a little bit cold, he immediately stop “playing” in the water, and thus attract the fish.
How to find silicone bait for winter fishing
Most anglers switch their attention from balance weights and lures soft lures for one important reason — “rubber” cheaper than any other artificial bait. Far better to lose on a snag stations vibrohvosta with twisters than expensive metal or plastic lures. The main thing — is correct to pick up any silicone that on the first fishing trip not to be disappointed in this bait.
- First, the silicone should not be exposed to freezing temperatures, as it lost its main quality is the game and the mobility of the active elements.
- Secondly, it is necessary to choose the right size lures. For pike and Zander it should not exceed a length of 5-7 inches, and for perch and other small predator, 4-5. During the period of gluhozime better go to ultralajtovogo bait.
- Thirdly, you should pay special attention to the form of lures. For ice fishing fit the classic vibrohvost and twisters, but don’t dwell on them, as best proven passive bait — worms, slugs, crayfish, larvae, etc. Even the most fantastic creatures, the names of whom have not yet been invented.
- Fourth, the color of the baits. Here any tips to give is meaningless, as different bodies of water the fish prefers the color of the lure, which she is most familiar. However, the choice of colors should adhere to generally accepted rules in the cloudy weather and at great depths to use bright and brilliant colors, and Sunny and at shallow depths — dark and close to natural color.
What gear to choose for ice jig
Here to invent anything not necessary. For winter fishing with soft lures fit the same tackle as for the conventional winter, trolling or fishing with jig. The rod is better equipped elastic nod, which can be used to give the bait an extra game. The diameter of the line depends on what kind of predator you are going to hunt. For pike and Zander fishing line thickness is chosen from 0.15 to 0.18 mm When fishing for toothy is better to put more elastic and metal leashes. For hunting on a perch fit line to 0.12 mm. In the choice of hooks is affected by the structure of the bottom. Where there is a high probability of a hook (driftwood, vegetation, stones), used single and offset hooks. And for a smooth bottom is better to take dvoyniki and troinitsky — they are more zatsepistye.
Equipment for winter fishing with soft lures
In principle, variants of equipment for the ice jig is a little different from summer. But there are some characteristic differences.
- One of the most common installation — anchor the fishing line to the jig head “Cheburashka” or a big jig. Such installation allows you to prostokat the bottom to explore its terrain, and also to post the bait in the water column.
- If the bottom of the reservoir is covered with an impressive layer of sludge, you can use the installation, partly resembling a drop-shot — cargo attached to the end of the fishing line and the bait tied on the leash a little higher. This allows to make the wiring along the bottom and not allow the silicone to take in the mud.
- Installation with a sliding hook. This takes the jig hook through the eye of which is passed the main fishing line. Top and bottom hook is fixed by two stoppers, the distance between them usually does not exceed 70-100 cm This gives a chance for the lure to make smooth movements, which is important when fishing for lethargic predator.
- Snap with a few lures. Two to three bait tally at some distance from each other that allows you to sh in all depths simultaneously.
The types of transactions
- Intermittent vibration bait on the bottom or at the selected depth, performed almost in the same place.
- Smooth and sweeping motion up and down.
- In the presence of flow can be the bait to “let go” out of the hole, choosing the most appropriate weight sinkers.
- Chaotic and meaningless movement of silicone from one end of the hole to the other, simulating the throwing from side to side a wounded fish.