What red caviar is better: chum salmon or pink salmon
What red caviar is better: chum salmon or pink salmon
Pink salmon and chum salmon belong to the Salmonidae family of fish species. Salmon is among the most common representatives, and chum salmon is somewhere in second place. Extract caviar in the far East and in other parts of the globe where we can find these species of fish. Unfortunately, she hasn’t always considered a delicacy.
In the seventeenth century it began to supply the Royal table, but otherwise there weren’t much in demand. Therefore, expensive product was sold through the poor tavern. As for the residents of the Far East, they have red caviar has always been a valuable product. The eggs used in food in various form.
Hunters and fishermen took her with him in a dried form. Not only has it been useful for them, but also gave a feeling of satiety. Some part of the Northern peoples is just ate it as bread. She was a great addition to a variety of porridges. It was dried, roast, and booze.
Salt it began only in the 20th century. Cooked in a concentrated salt solution, it has become very popular throughout Russia and around the world.
Famous pancakes with red caviar was prepared not just for pancake day, but in the post. Only in this case, the pancakes do not spread this product and it was added to the dough during cooking.
During Soviet times, many believed that all caviar produced in the USSR were exported and only a small part remained in the area. Currently, we can state the fact that, of the 2,400 tonnes of red caviar, only 20 tonnes had gone abroad and the rest were distributed among the republics. Despite this, it was not an accessible product for a wide range of Soviet citizens. At the time, it can be obtained only from speculators.
Now we can already safely say that red caviar became more widely available throughout Russia, although not all citizens are able to buy it. In addition, there are fakes and it is very important to know how to choose a quality product, not to spoil your festive mood.
- 1 what is the difference between caviar of chum salmon and pink salmon
- 1.1 Characteristics of caviar
- 1.2 Calorie
- 1.3 Benefits and harms
- 1.4 How much is salmon ROE?
- 2 Salmon for weight loss
- 3 Select caviar correctly
- 3.1 Caviar in a tin: choice
- 3.2 How to choose loose eggs
- 3.3 Caviar in a glass jar: how to choose?
- 4 As is caviar
- 4.1 How and what to bring to the table
What is the difference between caviar of chum salmon and pink salmon
Chum and pink salmon can be distinguished by characteristic external features:
- pink salmon are easily distinguished from other members of salmonids at specific hump on the back, which is formed during the spawning period. Under normal conditions, this fish has a light blue color. In addition, on the back of the pink salmon can be found a small black spot;
- salmon can be distinguished by the characteristic pink bands located on both sides of her body and shifted closer to the lower part of her body. In the water chum salmon is silver in color.
In addition to these external characteristics, fish differ in their behavior during the spawning period:
- chum salmon usually spawn in places where she was born;
- salmon, unlike chum salmon, may spawn not only in their native creeks. In addition, salmon prefers rivers with faster current.
The eggs of these fish species differs not only in color but also in sizes:
- chum salmon caviar is one of the best similar products. The eggs are arranged in a rigid sheath having correct form. In this case, the caviar has a unique taste and orange color, with amber reflections;
- pink salmon caviar has a diameter of 3 to 5mm and a bright orange or light orange hue. As a rule, prevails the eggs a light orange color. This caviar is considered the most common, so not an expensive product.
In 100граммах caviar contains 245 calories. This is a rather high-calorie product, but at the same time, useful enough that allows to use it for getting rid of excess weight. Small amounts of red caviar is a sufficient quantity of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the human body. In this regard, you have the option to eat less food, but the benefits of this will more.
The benefits and harms
First we should look at the beneficial properties of red caviar, and on what vitamins and minerals are in this product. For example:
- red caviar contains up to 32% protein easily assimilated;
- it is up to 13 % fat, which in its composition include fish fats;
- it has a certain amount of polyunsaturated acids;
- in caviar a sufficient amount of iodine, which has a positive effect on the whole human body;
- this product has such vitamins as A, b, C, D, and PP;
- no less important is the fact that it contains folic acid and minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and manganese.
The presence of so many useful components indicates the fact that person would have to regularly eat caviar. But this does not mean that it should eat every day and in large quantities. The product should be consumed as much as the body needs.
The product was really good for the body, you need to follow certain guidelines:
It is very important to determine factors such as the need for the use of caviar as food. This can contribute to:
- not enough strong immune system;
- if you have problems with the cardiovascular system and the presence of atherosclerosis;
- poor vision, low levels of hemoglobin, varicose veins and other health problems.
Naturally, in this list were not a violation of the functioning of the human body. At the same time, this product can be used not only for people suffering from a particular disease, but also people who want to improve their health or to prevent. Thus, you should always remember that her overeating to anything good will not.
And yet, despite its benefits, while its wrong use may damage human health. In this case, you need to pay attention on some factors:
- should not eat eggs in large quantities, as this will not lead to an increase in the positive effect;
- the presence of large concentrations of salt limits its use for people suffering from diseases of the kidneys and urinary system. Besides, salt can accumulate in the body;
- not recommended to eat caviar to people who can not tolerate this product due to allergic reactions;
- be careful not to be to this product for people with overweight and with problems of the gastrointestinal tract.
How much is salmon ROE?
In this case, you need to pay attention to the following indicators for Russia:
- caviar salmon, weighing 250граммов will cost 690 rubles;
- chum salmon caviar of the same weight is estimated at 800 rubles;
- pink salmon caviar in glass 0.5 kg jar sells for 1600 rubles;
- chum salmon caviar in specialized glass containers weighing 500граммов will cost 2430 roubles.
Salmon for weight loss
Caviar is not only delicious and nutritious, but also useful, especially for those who are overweight and want to lose weight. Unfortunately, not all understand due to what happens weight loss.
First, weight loss is not characterized by a simple refusal to eat. Though to refuse the food is also not very easy, and not everyone can do it. Nevertheless, this approach would be very simple to get rid of extra pounds. Therefore, reducing consumption of high-calorie food should be combined with intake of essential spectrum of vitamins and minerals. Red caviar is a product that accommodates all the essential nutrients.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids are able to reduce the total amount of harmful fats. It’s a condition of healing the body. Under such conditions decreases the risk of atherosclerosis, and improves fat metabolism. Typically, this factor optimizes the brain.
Red caviar contains large amounts of protein easily absorbed by the body.
The presence of a “bouquet” of vitamins contributes to normal functioning of the body in terms of calorie intake of food.
The presence of such trace elements as iodine, which supports normal functioning of the thyroid gland, which affects the optimization of memory and reduce mental fatigue.
Select caviar correctly
One of the most important factors affecting the quality of caviar is the term salting this product. Salted red caviar immediately after the end of the spawning period. The eggs should be characterized by firmness and integrity, with the presence of a natural for this type of caviar, tint. Almost all eggs must have the same dimensions and optimal fit. The aroma of eggs should match the fresh fish product.
Caviar in tin: choice
As the product is in a tin, not a transparent container, it is very difficult to determine the quality of the product, although you need to pay attention to the following:
- capacity should not have evidence of swelling or deformity;
- the Bank should be clearly specified terms of suitability;
- between the cooking process and preservation should not be more than one month;
- the salt concentration should correspond to the figure of 4-6 %. The composition may comprise vegetable oil, additives E400 and E239 (methenamine), 0.1% of the antiseptic. The presence of other additives is undesirable;
- on a tin there must be information about caviar what fish is in the Bank.
How to choose loose eggs
The task is greatly facilitated, as the quality of the product can be checked visually:
- all eggs must be of the same shape, elastic, intact and have the same size;
- matching the taste and color to the declared mind of the calf;
- the presence of the aroma of freshness and match the appearance of the fish;
- on the surface of the eggs should not be much moisture;
- caviar should not have a taste of old, stale product.
Caviar in a glass jar: how to choose?
As the product is in a transparent container, then all the previous selection criteria that apply to selection of loose caviar, can be used in this case. Special attention is paid to the size of the eggs, their integrity and color. It needs to fit distinctive shade of caviar the fish, which is listed on the package. In addition, the Bank should not be liquid at all or it should be very little.
How to eat caviar
Generally of red caviar make sandwiches for snacks. Despite this, there are other options for its use. Lovers of this product prefer to eat her little spoon. Some experts argue that it is particularly useful in combination with fresh cucumber or if you submit it in the protein of cooked eggs. At the same time, we must note that there are rules one-time consumption of this product not more than 2-3 spoons at a time.
How and what to bring to the table
The main dish is sandwiches with red caviar. This takes the loaf (or white bread) and cut a piece of it, which is smeared with a thin layer of butter. On top is placed a layer of caviar, then a sandwich can be decorated with herbs, lemon or olives. Well with taste of red caviar, salted cucumber. Good flavor combination so, if sandwiches apply small slices of omelette.
Alternatively, you can make a layered sandwich, liberally decorating it with greenery. The layer between layers can serve as red meat fish.
The last time the red caviar is an integral part of any festive table. But we should not forget that the red caviar is not only can decorate the holiday, it is also very tasty and useful. At the same time, it should be remembered that it is only capable of high-quality, natural product and not some cheap fake.