Winter fishing for grayling
Fishing smart and cautious grayling in winter attracts with its intrigue and unpredictability. Rybak hopes that during winter the catch would be effective. Because under the ice the fish become more tame.
Where to catch
Grayling waiting for prey, where quick and clean rivers and streams brings him a small fish. Beaver prudki, bottom deepening and quiet pool prefers this predator to their winter stops. In the presence of ice on the river rapids it can be found at the ice edge under rocks.
Typically, the grayling are biting well before dawn and at sunset. On a windy day the fish is caught around the clock. Experienced fishermen talked about rich catch in the period of a prolonged thaw.
- Screws with extension. In some places ice can grow to five feet.
- The uncoupling. In rivers there are snags and stones. Jigs and hooks cling to them quite often.
- A small rod, with a long nod and sturdy rod. Fishing line 0.15 mm and thicker.
- Jig. Must be easier for one gram. For baitless it is better to choose imitation insects. You can use a checker jig. As bait suitable red maggots, worms, pieces of fish and the larvae of the burdock.
- Baubles. At great depths grayling can ignore attachments with live worms. And the spinner will take a little fish.
How to catch
If the exact location of the wintering grayling on a particular Creek or river is unknown, and local fishermen are not willing to share valuable information, you will have to surf alone.
Look for fish on the river whirlpools can be way of drilling several holes in areas of strong currents. The distance between the holes should be small, about a meter. In order to quickly and quietly move between them in the hope of finding a Parking grayling.
To try to catch every ten minutes. Throwing bait, it is necessary to tugging the fishing line to the lure was in motion. If the test casts do not work, go to another place.
When biting, it should be remembered that the grayling fish quirky. Hooked, it tends to go underground. Grayling quickly crack that the bait is not natural and trying to get rid of it. The fisherman must carefully bring the fish closer to the hole and to pull the trophy out.
Grayling loves the silence and the darkness. Stomp on the ice and make noise, then advance to scare off cautious predator. Also it is not recommended to illuminate the water while fishing, the best option would be if the hole to priporoshit snow.
Winter fishing for grayling is a proactive, because the fisherman have to move from hole to hole. Catch big and tasty fish with a good recognition wintering guaranteed.